|Adria: Raghunathan first in the free practice, ahead of Sa Silva and Dörrbecker
At Adria, in the first race of the 2016 Auto GP Formula Open Championship, the Indian driver Mahaveer Raghunathan has set the fastest time with the PS Racing team in 1'09 "749. At just 106 milliseconds finished the Angolan Luis Sa Silva (Zele Racing), a long in command in the session, with the time 1'09 "855. Third time for the German/Mexican-born Luis Michael Dörrbecker (Torino Squadra Corse), to 642 thousandths of Raghunathan. Salvatore De Plano (PS Racing) was the best Italian driver with the fourth fastest time. Following the veteran Armando Mangini (MM International Motorsport), single driver in track with a Formula 3000. Sixth and seventh time for the Hungarians Dominik and Zoltan Fekete, both on the track with the Zele Racing team. At Adria debuted the new official championship supplier of tires Pirelli. Sa Silva has dominated the 30-minute session, with Raghunathan that only in the last seconds was able to go forward at all. Qualifying on Saturday from 13.00 to 13.30. Race 1 on Saturday at 19.30 (28 minutes + 1 lap). Race 2 on Sunday at 11.00 (28 minutes + 1 lap).
1. Mahaveer Raghunathan (IND) PS Racing 1'09 "749
2. Luis Sa Silva (ANG) Zele Racing 1'09 "855
3. Luis Michael Dörrbecker (GER / MEX) Torino Team Racing 1'10 "391
4. Salvatore De Plano (ITA) PS Racing 1'11 "809
5. Armando Mangini (ITA) MM International Motorsport 1'15'196 "
6. Dominik Fekete (HUN) Zele Racing 1'16 "154
7. Zoltan Fekete (HUN) Zele Racing 1'23 "841